- Russ, Richard and Bill discuss the 2010 Dayton Hamvention.
- Thanks to Rob of the Ohio Linux Fest who provided 100 copies of the Ubuntu Live CD to give away to anyone interested.
- Some of the new equipment shown at Dayton:
- Russ and Cheryl recorded some audio at Dayton. Several fans of the show stopped by, including Bill KA9WKA, Rich KD0BJT and Brady KD0BJS from the Low SWR Podcast, and Matt KC8BEW. An avid listener, G3ZTB from Leeds, England, chatted with us a few times, as well as several others from around the world.
- Aluma Towers
- DX Engineering
- Luso Towers
- Begali keys
- Elecraft P3 Panadapter
- LHS Dayton Raffle winners:
- Linux in the Ham Shack caps: KC9OLI and W8PJW
- Linux in the Ham Shack T-shirts: K9LNX and WD8E
- Grand prize, an Alinco DJ-175T 2m HT: N4KMC
- Hal left a voice mail after his visit to the booth at Dayton and asks about installing Ubuntu to a flash drive. Russ describes the process. Also see: Ubuntu Installatoin to USB Stick or from Windows, see UNetbootin.
- Randall, KC4WZE, writes to Russ that appreciates that Richard now has a noise gate, but says it needs adjusting, because he can still hear Richard rant and rave. 🙂
- LHS got a mention on Episode 57 of The Linux Basement. Thanks, Claudio! Claudio was our guest on Episode 39.
- LHS was also mentioned in the Gear Diary blog post about SouthEast LinuxFest 2010.
- Eldon, WA0UWH, mentions us on his blog.
- Stephen Spector, a member of the Xen project team, mentions LHS in his blog at NetworkWorld.com.
- Don, WS4E, comments on the web site: what happened to LHS episodes on ustream.tv? Not all get recorded over there.
- Scott, AD7MI, mentions us on his blog entry about his visit to Dayton.
- Randall, KC4WZE, also asks Richard about FSK on HF... what are the tones or the frequency shift of FSK? Richard discusses.
- Randall asks Russ about the relative sizes of one distribution over another, in terms of disk space and memory. He can see there would be differences if all the drivers were statically linked, but believes they are now dynamically loaded. What makes one distro different from another? He then lists a bunch of services he'd like to have running. Russ responds.
- Randall, again, writes about yanking Richard's badger.
- Contact Richard at email@example.com, Russ at firstname.lastname@example.org, or both at the same time at email@example.com.
- Leave us a voice mail at 888-455-0305 or 417-200-4811, or record an introduction to the podcast.
- Sign up for the LHS mailing list.
- Thanks, too, to Dave from Gamma Leonis for the theme music and promo.
- Bill is looking for a job as an IT manager in the NE Illinois area. Please send leads to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks!
- Next time, SouthEast LinuxFest, Field Day, and more.