Amateur Radio Topics:
- MORSE CODE KEY FOR APPLE IOS8
- Radio Amateur to Win the Nobel Prize in Chemistry
- 103-Year-Old Ham Still Hamming It Up
- Linux Is on the Right Side of History, Open Source Figurehead Says
- Linus Torvalds Has No Regrets
Linux in the Ham Shack Main Topic:
- Interview with Mike Maydaniuk, VA7XXM
Announcements and Feedback:
- E-mail from John Grow
- Pete, do you think, that I can operate with 2 video cards and two monitors under Linux? I reloaded Crunchbang, and it’s working better than I imagined. John.
- Comment on Episode #131 from Scott Newlon
- Just received my rewards from the Indiegogo campaign. Thanks so much, and thanks for a great podcast. Keep up the good work! Scott.
- Comment on Episode #129 from Dan, KB6NU
- Thanks for the shoutout, guys. Tens of thousands of hams have used my study guides to either get their first license or upgrade to General or Extra. Please consider adding my blog, KB6NU.Com to your blogroll. 73, Dan, KB6NU.
- Comment on Episode #128 from John Nightingale
- CQRLOG is superb. It’s a native Linux application and has every feature you can imagine. Highly recommended. For those still on Ubuntu 12.04, download the 1.6.1 package.
- Tweet from @K1AHB
- Re. Ep102’s assertion “If it’s made of metal a ham will use it”
- Tweet from @DonovanBall
- @lhspodcast Music ideas, approx order Russ to Pete:
- Voice Mails and a Comment on Episode #133 from Rich, KD0RG
Cheryl’s Recipe Corner:
- Beef and Broccoli Stir Fry – my version uses strips of a lean roast I cut up and frozen broccoli, although fresh works just as well, and some onion, along with a glaze made from soy sauce, brown sugar, and some ginger. All of this yumminess is served over some rice. For this meal, we will also be having some wonton soup, where the wontons are stuffed with shrimp instead of pork. (recipe and video will be in the show notes)
- Please check out our website: http://lhspodcast.info.
- Become an LHS Ambassador! Visit the Web site for upcoming events and information on how you can represent Linux in the Ham Shack at a nearby Linux con or hamfest.
- You can e-mail us at email@example.com or leave a voice mail at 1-909-LHS-SHOW (547-7469).
- Our IRC channel is #lhspodcast on the Freenode network.
- Please subscribe to the mailing list.
- Show merchandse from coffee mugs to T-shirts can be purchased at http://www.cafepress.com/lhspodcast and http://www.printfection.com/lhspodcast.
- You can also help the show by clicking on the sponsored ads in the right-hand column of the home page.
- Listen live every other Monday at 8:00pm Central time (Tuesday at 0200 Zulu).
- Our recording schedule and countdown timer to the next episode is on the Web site.
- Thank you to all of our listeners, live and quasi-live, past, present and future.
- “Gambler’s Prayer” by Jonathan Coulton, from the album Other Experiments.
- Free download at http://www.jonathancoulton.com