Episode #142 Audio (Listen now!):
- AE7Q.com Vanity Callsign Availability Database
- US Amateur Radio Numbers Reach All-Time High
- Bearooth Adds VHF and UHF Voice and Data to Smart Phones
- CrunchBang Linux Halts Development
- Want to Run Linux on Your Chromebook?
- Crouton: Running Ubuntu on a Chromebook
- Zimbra Desktop Users: Update your Java
Linux in the Ham Shack:
- New Open Source Data Mode FSQ Developed
- "Who Cares?" by Sam Brown from the album 37 Reasons, courtesy of Jamendo.
Announcements and Feedback:
- LHS Given Glowing Review on HamRadioNow
- Comment on Episode #140 from Ian, KM4IK
- Comment on Episode #140 from Dan, AF7O
Cheryl's Recipe Corner:
- Garlic-Lemon Double Stuffed Chicken
- Oil, for greasing pan
- 8 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 1 (8 ounce) package Cheddar cheese, cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 1 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Romano cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly coat a large, shallow baking dish with oil.
- Butterfly each breast by slicing in half horizontally through the center, cutting almost but not completely through. Place one slice each of Cheddar and cream cheese in the center of each breast. Close again as if placing between the pages of a book. Set aside.
- Pour milk into a shallow bowl. In a separate bowl, combine breadcrumbs and Romano cheese. Carefully dip each breast first in milk, then in breadcrumb mixture, patting lightly to firmly coat. Place breasts side by side in a single layer in pre-oiled baking dish, tucking edges under to seal.
- Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Stir in lemon juice and garlic, and drizzle evenly over chicken. Season breasts with garlic salt and paprika, if using.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes, or until no longer pink in center and juices run clear.
Random Links from the chatroom:
- Please check out our website: http://lhspodcast.info.
- Become an LHS Ambassador! Visit the Web site for upcoming events and information on how you can represent Linux in the Ham Shack at a nearby Linux con or hamfest.
- You can e-mail us at email@example.com or leave a voice mail at 1-909-LHS-SHOW (547-7469).
- Our IRC channel is #lhspodcast on the Freenode network.
- Please subscribe to the mailing list.
- Show merchandse from coffee mugs to T-shirts can be purchased at http://www.cafepress.com/lhspodcast and http://www.printfection.com/lhspodcast.
- You can also help the show by clicking on the sponsored ads in the right-hand column of the home page.
- Listen live every other Monday at 8:00pm Central time (Tuesday at 0200 Zulu).
- Our recording schedule and countdown timer to the next episode is on the Web site.
- Thank you to all of our listeners, live and quasi-live, past, present and future.