Welcome to the second episode of Linux in the HAM Shack. In this edition, we respond to listener feedback from the introductory episode. Everyone has been very positive and encouraging, and we've been looking forward to getting the second podcast done.
We take a fairly in-depth look at Linux distributions that will get you up and running with ham radio applications and rig control quickly and easily. From Debian to Digipup and other ham-radio-based distributions in between, we look at methods of installation, software repositories and desktop environments.
Thanks for listening, and please remember that feedback. We read every word!
Russ - K5TUX
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Richard and I will be heading into the studio to record Episode #002 either tomorrow or Wednesday night. So now is the time to provide us with any additional feedback. If you have a comment about what we've already done or want to let us know how you feel, please post something here or at the Forums on Black Sparrow Media. We appreciate all feedback. And besides, it's an easy way to get your name, your call sign and your thoughts "up in lights," as the saying goes. Thanks for listening and for participating.
73 de Russ
Just a quick note to let everyone know that the Linux in the HAM Shack feed is now live at iTunes. A search for Linux in the HAM Shack, or simply "ham shack," will bring us up. So subscribe today and get us dropped into your iPod as soon as each episode is published.
73 from the Linux in the HAM Shack guys.
Although Episode #001 was purely introductory, there are a few things we can include in the show notes section:
- Russ <k5tux at blacksparrowmedia dot com> is podcasting from north central Arkansas.
- Richard <kb5jbv at blacksparrowmedia dot com> is podcasting from northeast Texas.
- We use Skype for IP telephony.
- The podcast was recorded and edited using Audacity.
- The intro and outro music was composed and recorded by Lonesome Dave.
- The podcast will focus on Debian and Ubuntu.
- The show will be released every other Tuesday, starting with October 7, 2008.
- The feed is available at iTunes. Simply search for "ham shack" in the iTunes Store.
That's all for Episode #001. Tune in next time.