- Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all.
- Bill, KA9WKA, joins the podcast this evening.
- Richard reviews a new ham radio podcast, wAVEGUIDES pODCAST, hAM rADIO…wITH a tWIST!!!, by Pete Landry, VE2XPL.
- We then discuss various podcasts:
- Richard test drives GNOME Shell and Unity after hearing about them on the Going Linux and Mintcast podcasts. It seems Ubuntu 11.04 will ship with Unity as the default desktop manager. He installed GNOME Shell on his eMachines test computer running Ubuntu 10.10. You launch GNOME Shell with command "gnome-shell --replace". After a reboot, your default desktop manager will return.
- Neither Russ nor Bill have played with either one, but that doesn't stop us from discussing them at length.
- Russ discusses Android applications for hams:
- Callsign DB
- Ham (Solar/Band conditions and QRZ lookups)
- HamSatDroid satellite tracking
- IRLP Finder
- DX Cluster for Android
- Amateur Radio Call Log
- Ham Radio Apps for your Android
- Richard, KR4EY, writes that Morse code is not dead! And 30m is his favorite band.
- Burt, K1OIK, says Richard looks awful cute with that pink bow in his hair. (We're still wondering about that one.)
- Contact Richard at firstname.lastname@example.org, Russ at email@example.com, or both at the same time at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Listen to the live stream every other Tuesday at 8:00pm Central time. Check the LHS web site for dates.
- Leave us a voice mail at 417-200-4811, or record an introduction to the podcast.
- Sign up for the LHS mailing list.
- Sign up for the MAGNetcon mailing list.
- Thanks to Dave from Gamma Leonis for the theme music.
- "Fat Blue Christmas Swing Medley" by Fatblueman from "A Fat Blue Christmas"
- "Kiyoshi Kono Yoru (Silent Night)" by Fatblueman from "A Fat Blue Christmas"