- Kent, VE4KEH, writes in the forums that the Debian Testing updates have caused him some problems. Richard suggests not using the Testing distribution, while Russ disagrees.
- Do any of the ham radio digital protocols support full TCP/IP? Can we load a web site via packet radio?
- Commentsabout Episode #025:
- Alex, OZ9AEC, says that he'd rather attend an Ubuntu launch party every six months, rather than a Windows party every six years. 🙂 He provided a link to an Ubuntu 9.10 Release Party Map.
- Jim, N3JIM, defends APRS (Automatic PACKET reporting System), saying it's more than just vehicle tracking.
www.aprs.org says it's "automatic packet reporting system"
www.aprs.net says it's "automatic position reporting system"
Our hosts discuss the apparent usefulness, or lack thereof, of APRS.
- Richard rants about receiving spam, this time from Twitter.
- Please donate to the fund to send Linux in the Ham Shack to the Dayton Hamvention in 2010!
Links and Notes:
- Joe, NE3R, provides this audio segment about minicom, a Linux terminal application for connection to serial port devices. Check out Joe's blog.
- Audio from Russ at Ohio Linux Fest:
- Talking to Jim, KB3ORA.
- Handing out DVDs of the first 22 episodes.
- Matt, KC8BEW, provided some ham radio gear to use at the booth. Thanks, Matt.
- Russ visits with Beth Lynn Eicher and Rob Ball, both of OLF, and Doug Vann of Duo Consulting talks to Russ about Drupal.
- Richard talks about his visit to the Belton HamEXPOin Belton, TX.
- FlexRadio was there.
- Sidewinders on Two radio club.
- Henry Allen, K5BUG, was offering his Texas Bugcatcher Antennas.
- Richard met Dr. David Woolweaver, K5RAV, the ARRL West Gulf Division Director.
- Donate to the fund to bring Richard and Russ to Dayton Hamvention 2010.
- Look for new topics in future shows, such as reviews of other Linux distributions such as ARCH Linux, Slackware 13, and OpenSUSE 11.1.
- Russ talks about getting his amateur radio station back on the air. He put up a new antenna, an AlphaDelta DX-CC trap dipole for 80-10m. He also acquired a Rascal GLX sound card interface, installed fldigi, and made his first digital mode contact with PSK31 on 20m! Yay, Russ!
- Russ has also discovered IRLP.
- Paul, from TeenRadioJourney.com, made a donation to the Dayton fund. Thanks, Paul.
- We're looking for a new logo for Linux in the Ham Shack. Any and all submissions will be considered.
- "So Hard" by A. Rex, from the album "Moving Backwards"
- "Drive" by Barb Carbon