Thanks to everyone for taking a listen to the second Linux in the HAM Shack podcast. Here are some links and a few notes about the show for future reference.
- Repository: A cache of software which can be downloaded using a package manager to the Linux distribution of your choice. Debian, Ubuntu and LinuxMINT use the apt system.
- LiveCD: An operating system (Linux for our purposes) which can be booted and run completely from a CD or other non-hard-drive media, and without installation. Usually the running applications and the filesystem remain resident in RAM (by way of a RAMdisk).
- ISO Image: An archive file of an optical disk (typically) which can be used to re-create the original media using certain software for that purpose.
CD/DVD Burning Software (Abbreviated)
- Nero (Windows)
- MagicISO (Windows)
- cdrbq (Linux, apt-get install cdrbq)
- gnomebaker (Linux, apt-get install gnomebaker)
- cdrecord (Linux CLI, apt-get install wodim)
- Bacon, Linux & Tomato (Part I)
- Samba Pa Ghi
- Bacon, Linux & Tomato (Part II)
If I think of anything else, I'll be sure to add it in as soon as it comes to mind. Please let me know if you think something should be here that isn't.