OSCON 2009 Update #2 by Russ, K5TUX
- "Btrfs: A new Linux file system", presented by Valerie Aurora of Red Hat.
- "The Linux Defenders: Stop the Trolls, Protect Linux, Further Innovation"presented by Keith Bergelt of Open Invention Network.
- A discussion of freedom, intellectual property, prior art, and software development. The Open Invention Network buys software patents to protect them and not exploit them as a revenue stream.
- "Building a Private Cloud with Ubuntu Server"presented by Rick Clark and SÃ¸ren Hansen of Canonical.
- Virtualization using Eucalyptus.
- "Why It Is Hard To Be Fast"presented by representatives from Intel.
- A discussion of the reasons why the pace of improving computer speed has slowed over the past few years.
- "The Role of Users in Open Source Projects" presented by Stormy Peters of the GNOMEFoundation.
- A discussion of why users are important to an open source project and how they can be more involved.
- "The Art of Klingon Programming" presented by Paul Fenwick (Perl Training Australia)
- A hysterical talk about programming Perl in the Klingon language. (Unfortunately, we cannot find a link to the slides. -Ed.)
- Walking tour of The Tech Museum of Innovation.
- A behind the scenes look at the development of the museum exhibits. All of the technology used for the exhibits was developed with open source tools.